Our hybrid program offers the best of both worlds—the flexibility to take courses online and access to our world renowned campus. Located in the exciting community of Westwood, UCLA is a crossroads of ideas, cultures and limitless experiences and opportunities.
Hybrid Program Option
- Acceptance in the UCLA Engineering MSOL Program
- Complete a minimum of two courses online with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (a requirement to attend on campus)
- Enroll on campus for up two quarters or four courses max (Fall/Winter/Spring only)
- Any remaining courses must be completed online
- Must meet TOEFL/IELTS requirements
- May apply for F-1 or J-1 VISA (must initiate process 3-4 months in advance of the desired hybrid term)
- May only enroll on-campus for a maximum of two quarters
- Two courses minimum required per quarter
IMPORTANT HYBRID INFORMATION
- To view courses from varying engineering departments, please review the HSSEAS Announcement.
- Review the Schedule of Classes to view courses by department/term offered.
- To ensure that courses are applicable to your major (either as a core course or elective) courses must first be reviewed/approved by the MSOL Office before initiating hybrid enrollment.
- Elective courses must be engineering related.
- Please note that other UCLA schools/programs (such as the Anderson School of Management) may only offer courses to students enrolled in their respective programs. Hybrid enrollment is intended for courses within the Samueli School of Engineering (not UCLA wide).
- If you are interested in hybrid enrollment, please contact our office at least one quarter in advance so there is ample time to review courses, activate hybrid enrollment with the Registrar’s Office and waive the student health insurance fee (if applicable).
- If you are an international student, please contact our office at least 3-4 months in advance of the desired hybrid term to allow ample time for VISA processing.
TUITION & FEES
- *$4,200 per course + mandatory campus fees. Select the appropriate academic year, quarter, and degree (Academic Master) to calculate fees.
- *Beginning Winter 2024, tuition for the 9-course program will be $39,600 ($4,400 per course). This raise affects both current and incoming students and is reflected across all self-supported graduate professional degree programs in the UC system.
- Students are responsible for housing expenses.
- UCSHIP (graduate health insurance) is automatically included in the mandatory campus fees. To remove the UCSHIP fee, students must submit proof of health insurance.
- The MSOL refund policy only applies to MSOL courses (courses ending in SEC 80/81). If you are enrolled in the hybrid option, you will not receive a refund of the mandatory campus fees if you drop a campus course. The campus only provides refunds to students in the event that you withdraw from UCLA or are approved to take a leave of absence. Please see the UCLA Refund Schedule.
|Relevant Fees (2023-24)
|Student Services Fee||402.00|
|Ackerman Student Union Fee||23.00|
|Student Seismic Fee||38.00|
|Graduate Students Association Fee||12.75|
|Graduate Writing Center Fee||7.01|
|UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UCSHIP)||1,857.11|
|Student Programs, Activities, and Resources Complex (SPARC) Fee||45.00|
|Wooden Center Fee||13.00|
|BruinGO Universal Access Transit Pass Fee||28.40|
Note: Posted tuition, fees and charges are estimates based on currently approved amounts. These figures may not be final. Actual tuition, fees and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California and could be affected by State funding reductions. Accordingly, final approved fees and charges (and thus a student’s final balance due) may differ from the amounts shown.
Some or all instruction for all or part of the academic year may be delivered remotely. Per the University of California Office of the President, tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the academic year.