Transcripts that are uploaded to the application portal are not considered official.
UCLA Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements for admission to graduate study at UCLA are:
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, mathematics, or physics (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- A GPA of 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate coursework
- GRE test scores (can be waived for well qualified applicants–please e-mail to inquire)
- TOEFL/IELTS (Required for international applicants)
In addition to the requirements above, the MS Engineering Online Program requires the following:
- A degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, or the equivalent
- A GPA above the UCLA minimum threshold
- Alternatively, if your GPA is very close to the UCLA threshold, please provide:
- Strong GRE test scores
- Outstanding letters of recommendation addressing your work experience in the area
- Exceptional grades in graduate courses within the chosen area of study (A- or better)
- Fall: May 15th
- Spring: December 1st
When applying to the MSOL Program, please choose major ENGINEERING – Your Chosen Area of Study, Online, (i.e. Engineering – Integrated Circuits, Online). For students interested in Systems, Engineering Management, Data Science, Sustainable Water Engineering, Mechanics of Structures, or Reliability Engineering, please choose ENGINEERING – Online.
The faculty associated with the applicant’s chosen area of study (specialization) generally evaluate applicants based upon the applicant’s:
- Coursework in courses related to the chosen area of study
- Work experience in relation to the chosen area of study
- Statement of Purpose
While MSOL may send a courtesy e-mail with a recommendation of admission, only official notification from the dean of the UCLA Graduate Division constitutes approval of admission. When a decision is made, applicants will receive an e-mail, directing them to the Graduate Division’s application site to check their “Decision Status.” Applicants should sign-in to their application account to read the official decision letter. If admitted, the conditions of admission and information and instructions concerning registration (via a link to the Statement of Intent to Register – SIR) will be included as part of the offer of admission letter. This letter can also be printed from the Graduate Division site if desired. Admission letters are only available electronically and are not mailed to applicants.