Program Quick Facts
Upcoming TermNext Start Date
March 29, 2024
December 1, 2023Apply Now
Businesses are evolving to meet new challenges such as accessible and affordable health care, quality education, responsible artificial intelligence and a sustainable environment.
These organizations are recruiting engineering managers who meld technical capabilities with business acumen and who show a commitment to improving the quality of people’s lives.
Best Online Master’s in Engineering Programs
— U.S. News & World Report
— U.S. News & World Report
Earn Your Engineering Management Degree Online from the No. 1 Ranked Program
The online Master of Science in Engineering with Certificate of Specialization in Engineering Management (MSOL: ENGR MGMT) delivers UCLA’s top-ranked graduate education in a flexible format designed for those working full time. By completing this UCLA online master’s in engineering degree program with a built-in engineering management certificate, you will:
- Complete a rigorous curriculum that deepens the broad range of skills needed to excel as a leader in your organization, preparing you to apply technological solutions to global challenges and make thoughtful decisions with equity and diversity in mind
- Gain knowledge in business management and develop skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders by taking courses in areas such as business analytics, financial management and quality engineering
- Earn a coveted master’s degree at the No. 1-ranked public university, learning from renowned multidisciplinary faculty members and industry experts
- Advance your career with an online degree program designed to support a diverse community and provide the same high-quality teaching and content as those offered through on-campus programs at UCLA
This is a degree for the long term. Not only do students add relevant practical skills they can use at their current organizations, but they also develop their abilities as lifelong learners. They understand how to be strategic problem solvers who can identify new opportunities and stay innovative throughout their management careers.
In a rapidly evolving technological landscape, leaders who are able to adapt will be the ones who will thrive. Thus, we are committed to expanding networking opportunities with thought leaders from top-notch technical organizations. The engineering management degree features a unique cross-campus collaboration where students learn from expert faculty in the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering as well as from other departments across the university.
Meet our faculty
|Cost Per Unit||$1,050|
|Total Program Tuition||$37,800|
Disclaimer: Beginning Winter 2024, tuition for the 9-course program will be $39,600. This breaks down to $4,400 per course / $1,100 per unit. This raise affects both current and incoming students and is reflected across all self-supported graduate professional degree programs in the UC system.
"As organizations confront a constantly changing and ever-complex 21st-century business environment, we are seeing a fundamental shift in approaches toward leadership. Leaders now need to be effective within and across organizations, time zones, industries and across cultures.”
— Robert McCann, engineering management area director and an adjunct professor of management and operations
Join a Diverse, Global Network
MSOL: ENGR MGMT students have the opportunity to build an inclusive network. Upon graduating from the master’s program, our students join a loyal alumni network that includes 42,000 engineering graduates and nearly 400,000 Bruins overall.
Online students can also join affinity organizations such as the National Society of Black Engineers, Queer and Trans in STEM, the Society of Latinx Engineers and Scientists and the Society of Women Engineers.
Who Can Benefit from This Online Engineering Management Master’s?
This degree is designed for those who are eager to take on more responsibility in their roles and want to have a greater impact on their organization. They are problem-solvers who are open to addressing challenges through collaborative, interdisciplinary approaches.
The top industries seeking professionals with engineering management skills include:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Administrative and support
- Waste management and remediation services
- Finance and insurance
- Retail trade
- Wholesale trade
- Health care and social assistance
- Accommodation and food services
Explore our careers page for more information on potential career opportunities with a degree in engineering management.
Frequently Asked Questions
This degree offers fully online courses that can be accessed asynchronously from anywhere in the world. Students are required to meet regular deadlines for submitting assignments.
For exams, MSOL students can take their exams anywhere in the world over a period of two days, but these exams must be completed in person. Students can either come to the UCLA campus during the official exam time or complete their exams at a local test center.
- Online application
- Official copies of transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- Three professional or academic letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Personal statement
- GRE general score*
- TOEFL/IELTS test scores (international students only)
- Application fee**
- $135 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents/$155 all other applicants**
*The GRE requirement may be waived for applicants who have highly competitive holistic portfolios, and such requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Contact an enrollment consultant for more information.
**Application fee waivers are available for applicants who are current or former participants in certain programs or who demonstrate financial need. Contact an enrollment consultant for more information.
Review our admissions page for more detailed information.