The minimum requirements for admission to graduate study at UCLA are:
- A Bachelor degree in an Engineering Discipline, Mathematics, or Physics (No Exceptions). Please mail Official Transcripts to the following address: UCLA Engineering Online Program
7440 Boelter Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1601
- A GPA of 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work.
- GRE test scores. (Can be waived for well qualified applicants).
- Three letters of recommendation. Note: When filling out the Application and choosing a recommendation type, please choose Graduate Division.
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/ELST (Required for International applicants).
In addition to the UCLA requirements, the MS Engineering Online Program requires the following:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, or the equivalent.
- A GPA above the UCLA minimum threshold.
- Alternatively, if your GPA is very close to the UCLA threshold please provide:
- Strong GRE test scores. (Can be waived for well qualified applicants).
- Strong letters of recommendation addressing your work experience in the area.
- or strong grades in graduate courses within the chosen area of study. (A- or better)
Statement of Purpose:
Describe your purpose in applying for graduate study. In particular, describe the relationship between your chosen area-of-study and your current or future employment. Include any additional information that may aid in the evaluation of your preparation for graduate study at UCLA.
The faculty associated with the applicant’s chosen area-of-study (specialization) generally evaluate applicants based upon:
- The applicant’s course work in courses related to the chosen area-of-study.
- The applicant’s work experience in relation to the chosen area-of-study.
- The applicant’s Statement of Purpose.
- The applicant’s recommendations.
Application deadline for Fall Term is May 15th, Spring Term deadline is December 1st.
When applying to the Online Program, please choose major ENGINEERING – Your Chosen Area of Study, Online, (i.e. Engineering – Integrated Circuits, Online). For students interested in Systems, Engineering Management, Data Science and Mechanics of Structures, please choose the general ENGINEERING – Online.